There was something we didn’t think of… there’s always something we didn’t think of… did we think of that? ~ Joe Magyar
- What’s BLiggy listening to? “Runaround” by The Cripple Creek Fairies.
- Here’s a story I found to be very inspiring about a family in Charlotte NC that has chosen to go “off the grid” with their food for 100 days. As the story says; “This family goes non-processed, cold turkey…that’s 100 days with no store-bought lollipops, chicken nuggets, anything with white flour. Meat if it’s local. Everything has five ingredients or less; nothing is refined.”. If you’ve ever read Micahel Pollan’s books “In Defense of Food” or “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”, you’ll empathize with their decision and admire their resolve (especially considering that their children are only 5 and 3). The wife is blogging the entire adventure, and is challenging the rest of us to do this for just 10 days. *Standing ovation from the BLig crew* ~ Burdell
In a related story, here’s the sad tale of America’s oldest running family farm (378 years) that is up for sale because it’s now surrounded by suburbs, has been hammered by the recession, and can’t compete with the big corporate farms. Although I mostly enjoy living in the future, this kind of thing makes me sad. If we all just did 25% of what the Leake family is doing, small family farms would be able to survive. ~ BLiggy
- Some acting gigs aren’t worth the exposure. Vintage child abuse. Hat tip to Judy. ~ BLiggy
- This comes via regular BLig contributor Paige. Thanks Paige. ~ BLiggy
- WARNING: This sport may be dangerous. “Death – A must read for every bull” FTW ~ BLiggy
- 3D door stickers. We’re ordering three of these, one for each of our office doors. ~ BLiggy, Burdell, Pancakes
- Why the Facebook / Amazon integration is bigger than you think. ~ Burdell
- Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. It loves breakfast and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. ~ BLiggy
why would a robot want to flip me? i like robots and i am nice to them except that one time i accidentally peed on ironhide 🙁 ~ Pancakes
A robot learning to flip pancakes from Sylvain Calinon on Vimeo.