A couple of small changes to the site to take note of. You no longer have to be registered to comment on posts. The reason that was required before was to control the unbelievable amount of spam that was being posted as comments. I’ve implemented CAPTCHA now and removed the registration requirement.
Now for today’s linkstack…
- My friend Paul Boucher found this talk given by Rory Sutherland today on the TED website. I found it to be amusing, informative and inspiring. TED.com is a great place to spend some time on the web. If you are unfamiliar with it, here’s an explanation taken from the site:
TED is a small nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences — the TED Conference in Long Beach and Palm Springs each spring, and the TEDGlobal conference in Oxford UK each summer — TED includes the award-winning TEDTalks video site, the Open Translation Project and Open TV Project, the inspiring TEDx program and the annual TED Prize.
- Couch Cushion Fort Architecture; A Critical Analysis
- This link is dedicated to my old pal Kelly. He hates his Blackberry and wants to “maybe…hook it up to my Nintendo 64 or something“.
- The Big Golden Farting Bull. I’m not kidding.
- Introducing “Tiger Dog”. See also “Panda Dog” (thanks to Jes)
- 40 hour doodles. These are not photographs (thanks to Paige)
- You may need to know this in case you’re ever on a plane that is forced to do an emergency water landing.
- This will only make sense to you if – like me – you are a Dollyrots fan.