I asked my new friend Elan Morgan*1She’s funny and clever and thoughtful and generally interesting. You should visit her site and subscribe to her mailing list. if she’d mind if I straight-up copied her idea to post a regular “Gratitude List” of 5 things that I’m grateful for once a week-ish. She said it was OK, so here goes…
- I’m on a mailing list made up entirely of a group of people who’ve been friends since elementary school. There’s about 10 or 15 of us who keep in regular contact. We’re funny and smart and bawdy and lots of other good things that only come with 45 years of friendship. I love them.
- I know how to code HTML and CSS and PHP, but I don’t like doing it. WordPress themes mean I just click a button and my website looks new. Yay for that.
- I have mild OCD about music. Once I hook into an album or artist, I loop it 6-8 hours a day for days, sometimes weeks. Right now I’m unwilling and unable to escape the clutches of Clutch. It’s glorious.
- Words of encouragement from total strangers who have no vested interest in my well-being. It feels pure.
- Cell phone plans with unlimited long distance that allow me to talk to my daughter whenever I want. Or whenever she wants.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||She’s funny and clever and thoughtful and generally interesting. You should visit her site and subscribe to her mailing list.|